Your Visit with Mid America Balance Institute
Uncommonly Personalized Care
Your comfort is our primary concern and our specialty is personalized care. You will receive expert care as you participate in non-invasive and painless testing. If you have questions or concerns about testing, please call us before your appointment so we can put you at ease. MĂBI will share the results of your tests, our impressions, and recommendations with you at the time of your evaluation. Thus, please allow 3-4 hours for your appointment. You are invited to include a trusted family member or friend during your evaluation.
Prior to your appointment, you will receive an informational packet which will include a Medical Symptom Survey and Dizziness Handicap Inventory.
Please bring the following items with you to your evaluation:
- Picture ID
- Insurance Card(s)
- Your completed medical history forms, to include a Survey Regarding Vestibular (Inner Ear) & Disequilibrium (Balance) Symptoms.
- Dizziness Handicap Inventory
- A copy of your Audio-gram (Hearing Test) if completed within the last 12 months.
- Medication list
In Preparation for your evaluation:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete your registration. Patients arriving late may need to reschedule.
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and stable shoes.
- You have no dietary restrictions prior to your MĂBI evaluation. However, you may be more comfortable during evaluation if you eat only a light meal prior to your appointment.
- Your eye movements will be painlessly and noninvasively recorded with the use of a small camera. Cosmetics can interfere with this data collection so please avoid eye make-up, including mascara.